Ministry of Education and Culture (MOEC) of Republic of Indonesia has an education collaboration program with the Government of Federal Republic of Germany. The two parties have agreed to run the Indonesian-German Scholarship Program (IGSP) as part of the Debt Swap VII programme with the aim of
improving the quality of Higher Education of Indonesia (in the field of human resources).
The Debt Swap programme is the Indonesian foreign debt reduction. In the field of education, Debt Swap Programme I and II have been accomplished in the field of basic education and rehabilitation of school facilities.
WHO CAN APPLY - TARGET GROUP
Master graduates who are permanent/ prospective lecturers from State and Private Universities, and Master graduates who are recommended by Indonesian universities to be lecturers, including students from “Fast Track” programme, are eligible for this scholarship.
The IGSP is a full scholarship for PhD/Doctoral studies in Germany. Every appllicant from the above mentioned group can apply for the following schemes:
1. Full PhD Programme in Germany (3 years)
2. One-year Research in Germany during PhD studies (Program S3) at an Indonesian university. Collaboration agreement between supervising professors in both countries is recommended.
3. One-year post-doctoral research in Germany
TARGETS OF THE IGSP PROGRAMME
1. Improving human resources in accordance with MOEC’s Strategic Plan (Renstra).
2. Contributing to the objectives of the Ministry of Education and Culture of Indonesia in upgrading Indonesian lecturers to Doctoral level.
3. Improving the cooperation of Higher Education institutions between the two countries Indonesia and Germany.
PRIORITY OF STUDY FIELDS
1. Economics and Finance focused on Poverty Alleviation
2. Climate Change, Environment and Biodiversity
3. New and Renewable Energy, Natural Resources
4. Food Safety and Security
5. Health, Tropical Diseases, Nutrition and Medicine
6. Disaster Management and Mitigation
7. National Integration and Social Harmonization
8. Regional Autonomy and Decentralization
9. Arts and Culture/Creative Industry/Culture Technology
10. Infrastructure, Transportation and Defense Technology (satellite)
11. Information and Communication Technology
12. Human Development and National Competitiveness
13. Marine Science and Technology
14. Nano Technology
REQUIREMENTS OF APPLICATION FOR
1. Potential lecturers with the following qualifications:
a. Holding a Master degree with a totalstudy duration of five years (including Bachelor).
b. Academic qualification:
- GPA for regular Master graduates ≥
- GPA for candidates from Fast Track
programme: Bachelor ≥ 3.00 and
Master ≥ 3.20
c. Non-academic qualification:
- ITP/iBT/CBT TOEFL ≥ 550/79/213
or IELTS ≥ 6.0
- Good track record in the number of
publications or research
- Good work and research ethics
2. Candidates are obliged to register online at beasiswa.dikti.go.id.
DOCUMENTS THAT NEED TO BE SUBMITTED:
1. Form A DIKTI
2. Curriculum Vitae (CV) in English
3. Research Proposal in English or German Language, minimum 4 pages
4. Letter of Acceptance (LoA) or written confirmation of academic supervision by a professor in Germany
5. List of scientific writings (if any)
6. 2 (two) Letters of Recommendation written in English
7. Copy of Legalized Academic Certificate of Bachelor and Master studies
8. Copy of Legalized of Academic Certificate of Bachelor and Master studies in an official English translation
9. Copy of Legalized Academic Transcript of Bachelor and Master studies